Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada administers International Undergraduate Program (IUP) to prepare students with academic competence for international engagement. The aim is however not merely to participate as a member of world society, but also and more importantly to bring about changes and transformation of the existing political, economic and social conditions into a better world. Indeed, the program is an endeavour toward a just, peaceful and civilised global society. Courses offered are structured along two main threads. Firstly, the courses are a set of studies on specific international relations related objects. Secondly, the courses are also about a specific way international relations is portrayed and a specific subject position on what kind a better future should be. In this respect, students will not be equipped with merely knowledge and skills, but the one that allow students to have critical attitude toward such conditions in international relations as injustice, inequality, poverty, environmental degradation and violence. Specifically, the program is to develop innovative and collaborative learning process in the study of international relations. It is also to promote problem solving-oriented research in this academic field. In addition its mission is to facilitate students oriented toward reflection, action and emancipation.
FOCUS OF STUDYAs of which has been established in its recent curriculum, the program will focus on five areas of study. Those are as follow:
- International Politics International politics endeavour to explore issues, concepts, policies and theorisation in the realms of diplomacy, foreign policy, international organisation, international regime and international law. It also includes new topics in international relations such as globalisation, gender, environment and human rights.
- International Security Studies This area of interests discuss in details issues, policies, conceptualisation and theory on security, humanitarian intervention, arms control and disarmament, war and diplomacy and international humanitarian law.
- Conflict and Peace Studies This specific field of study is an attempt to delve into the enhancement of issues, practices and theories of international peace as to comprehend peace processes and operation. It also deals with the question on how newer context and norms (such as gender and human security) shape and enrich peace building process.
- International Political Economy International Political Economy is designed to explore issues, concepts and theories in the realms of international development and cooperation, global political economy, politics of trade and finance, business diplomacy and global value chain.
- Comparative Politics This field of study is designed to provide students with ability to apply comparative studies on issues, concepts and theories such as democracy, military and politics, political party and public policy.
In addition to these fields of studies the program also offers courses on area studies. This includes studies on state and society in areas such as Southeast Asia, East Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe, North America, Latin America and Pacific.
- Diplomacy Competencies in knowledge and skills oriented toward future career potential in foreign ministry and other diplomatic institutions such as embassy and foreign mission in Indonesia.
- Transnational Affairs Focusing on the knowledge and skills for pursuing career in international institutions and transnational cooperation.
- Analysts and Academia Provide students with knowledge and skills to engage in research and teaching profession in the field of international relations.
- Journalism Provide students with the capability to enter into the journalistic and mass media world using their skills and knowledge related to transnational and international affairs.
Our Department has been cooperating with leading universities in the world as well as assessment of the membership and cooperation with international associations, such as the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) and the Asian Political and International Studies Association (APISA). We are continually collaborating with;Ohio State University Columbia University Yale University Nagoya University Australia National University University of Queensland University of Sydney University of Freiburg Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris Malmo University National University of Singapore University of Malaya ELLIGIBILITIES
- Senior High School or equivalent (graduates of 2009, 2010, 2011 for Indonesian or maximum of 25 years old for overseas applicant)
- English language proficiency as indicated by TOEFL/IELTS score for applicants from non English speaking country.
- Pay non refundable application fee: Rp. 1,000,000, - to get the password for online application system via Multi-Payment System of Bank Mandiri as described here.
- Complete the application form bellow:
ONLINE APPLICATION (INTAKE 2)
Print out and send them with this following attachment to the DAA office at Jalan Pancasila, Boulevard UGM, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281:
- A legalized copy of high school certificate
- A legalized copy of score transcript
- A copy of high school academic record from grade X-XII
- English proficiency /English course certificate (if available)
- SAT/A Level/IB/STPM or equivalent certificate (if available)
- Letter of Financial Support. Download Here.
Tuition Fee | IDR 17,500,000/semester
CONTACT AND INFORMATION
(0274) 8 33333 0
Monday - Friday (07.30 am - 04.00 pm)